Exercise for Arthritis affected Knee joint
Regular exercises are very important to keep muscles stronger, stronger muscles support and load the knee in a better way and prevent injuries. A patient suffering from arthritis usually feels stiffness in joints, muscles and ligaments for which stretching is an right solution to relax, cool down inflammating pain and prevent further damage.
In brief we can say that the following points are important in delaying the effects of the arthritis
2.Maintaining weight at the ideal level
3.Once symptoms are noted avoid excessive loading viz. stairs and sitting on the floor.
4.Always have a balanced diet
5.Specially take care of your drinking water
Few examples of stretching suggested for arthritis patient are
1. To n fro movement of leg as shown in picture below for 2 min in every 3 hour to avoid obesity, it exactly results as walking or jogging and a very good example of stretching for arthritis patients.
2. Pull back thigh with towel or cloth 10 times, once in a day.
3. Press your knees in same way 3 to 5 times once a day as shown in picture, you can do same on your bed when you awake in morning.
4. Pull your ankle back as shown in picture 5 times each leg on bed when you wake up in morning.
5. Hold your leg and count from 1 to 5 as shown in picture. You can do in either of one position, try to extend numbers and can do multiple times in a day.
6. Try to do same using towel or with any stretchable cloth, minimum 10 times a day.
7. Hold your knee with a support as shown in picture and count from 1 to 3, try to do till you are not exhausted.
8. Push wall with your hands and keep right leg forward exactly in same way shown in picture, do same with left leg forward.
These are are all very simple exercises suggested particularly for arthritis patient, try to increase numbers after some time and to discuss about individual case email us at email@example.com