Calcium is very important in our diet and certainly very essential nutrient of body. Not having right quantity of calcium in the diet, can make you more likely prone to osteoporosis. Vitamin D is needed for the body to absorb calcium and there is some evidence that arthritis,progresses faster in people who are low in it. That is why sun bath is very important and helpful in lowering pain.
1. Try to lose weight by changing your eating habits and increasing exercise (recommended on excercise) if possible, we are not talking about crash diets
2. Eat more fruit and vegetables, especially brightly coloured varieties
3. Take plenty of calcium- and iron-rich foods with 4 ltr of water
4. Try replacing red meat with oily fish twice per week
How much calcium to be included in diet of arthritis patient-
Males aged around and above 50 should intake minimum 1000 milligram per day and maximum limit of 2000 milligram per day.
Females aged around and above 50 should intake minimum 1200 milligram per day and maximum limit of 2000 milligram per day.
Side affects of low calcium
Lack of calcium would lead to Osteoporosis, which porous bones in the body and low calcium is also results into psoriasis arthritis. The problem with calcium is never the amount of calcium intake, but how to digest calcium. Most of calcium is not digested in small intestine and body rather it is excreted as waste, Osteoporosis and arthritis patients should find way to digest most of calcium.
Cure Osteoporosis and arthritis by absorbing calcium in following ways
1. Vitamin D- Vitamin D is one of the best source to digest calcium and convert calcium. Egg yolks and
absorb calcium by vitamin d in arthritis
fish are another food contents that are rich in vitamin D, only 15 to 20 minutes daily exposure to sunlight is adequate to absorb calcium in arthritis or osteoporosis patient. As per recent research it is clearly mentioned that Vitamin D through sunlight is the only source to absorb calcium in arthritis patient.
2. Estrogen- It is one of hormone that has most important role in absorption of calcium. After menopause (condition when arthritis or osteoporosis patient is not able to produce eggs) the patients are low in Estrogen and calcium absorption level is dropped.
3. Lactose- It is the only carbohydrate that is found in most of dairy products, it also aids absorption of calcium in arthritis and osteoporosis patient.
Calcium supplements for arthritis
4. Calcium Supplements- Calcium carbonate, Calcium Gluconate, Calcium Citrate, calcium tablet and other supplements are good source of calcium. The supplement must dissolve within 40 min in the body, otherwise they would also be excreted in form of urine. The best way to intake Calcium Supplements is to take them with food, as stomach acid creates acidic environment which aids absorption of it. (Note: It is advisable to consume calcium by foods, drinks and other beverages than Supplements)
5. Fruits and Vegetables- Dark green leafy vegetables like Spinach, Arugula, Dandelion Greens, Mustard Greens, Beans, Swiss Chard, Chicory, leaf lettuce, and Collard Greens. Fruits such as orange juice, Almonds and soy milk are in rich in calcium. Only one cup of dark leafy vegetables contains about 200 mg of calcium with appropriate quantity of Vitamin C and Vitamin D.
What decreases absorption of calcium in arthritis and Osteoporosis patients
Oxalic Acid, Phytates, Dietary fiber, Diarrhea, Tea and Medications for asthma and psoriasis arthritis reduces absorption of calcium in body.
Dairy products are rich in calcium but they tend to increase weight, so here are some of effective ways to reduce weight for arthritis patients and Osteoporosis patients to get perfect arthritis treatment and cure for arthritis.
1. Salmon Fish- It is rich in Omega-3 oils which is good for Heart, arthritis and Osteoporosis, it is not only good in taste but it is also excellent source to reduce weight.
almonds suitable for arthritis
2. Almonds- Almonds are one of the best source of energy, vitamins and minerals. Dip only 12 almonds in water for 10 hours and chew them slowly in morning. They will pave the way to reduce weight for arthritis patients to get perfect cure for arthritis.
3. Turmeric- Vegetable of turmeric is one of the most healthy source to reduce weight for arthritis patients. Turmeric also aids in treatment of arthritis patients.
4. Lime- Boil water and pour juice of one complete lime in it. Drink it twice a day and feel the difference in your weight in few months. Lime is also advisable for cure of arthritis and its treatment.
5. Green Tea- It is also aids in arthritis treatment, as patients can substitute their tea and coffee with it. It will also help you in reducing weight.
proper sleep is essential to reduce arthritis
6. Sleep- Take a complete stretch of 8 hours, it also aids in reduction of weight. Ideal and appropriate time of taking sleep is 10pm to 6am, it keeps you fresh and reduces stress to keep arthritis and weight away.
7. Papaya- Papaya is another good source for controlling diabetes and weight for arthritis patients.
These all diet suggestions and improvement will help in getting best treatment for psoriasis arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis. These diet schedule and suggestion will not give results in days, you need to continue them for long to notice exciting results.
Download post as PDF