Regular exercise is very important to cure arthritis and to prevent arthritis in old and early age. It is important to select and find suitable exercise for arthritis knee pain relief, arthritis back pain relief and arthritis neck pain relief. We are providing a schedule for arthritis exercise plan 2011 suitable for people with arthritis knee pain.
It should be noted arthritis exercise do not improve your condition in one day and exercise takes long time to see & feel noticeable improvements (it depend from person to person and arthritis stage). Arthritis patients should continue with following exercises to see their improvement in arthritis pain relief by 2011.
1. Arthritis Knee exercise with resistance band on chair or stool–
Tie a resistance band (It could be a towel or any stretchable band also) on your ankle as shown in picture below. Try to keep posture straight and support back with your hand. Now try to straight your leg as direction of arrow in picture, try to hold at highest point and count 1 to 5. Do this exercise with both legs and make 10 repeatations.
2. Ankle exercise for hamstring–
Sit on chair, position your knee and hold your thigh as shown in picture. Pull your ankle upwards as shown in picture and count 1 to 5 and make 10 repeatations with each ankle.
3. Arthritis knee joint exercise with towel–
Roll the towel and keep it below your knee joint as shown in picture and push your knee downwards. Hold your knee while pushing and count 1 to 5 and make 10 repeatations with each ankle.
4. Arthritis Heel exercise for joint pain with chair–
Keep your hand on chair and make upward movement of your heel as shown in picture. Hold your heels and count 1 to 5 and make 10 repeatations.
5. Arthritis Knee joint exercise with chair–
Bend your knee while holding chair as shown in picture and count 1 to 5 with 10 repeatations for both legs.
6. Arthritis Knee joint exercise on floor and bed–
Lay down on bed or floor and bend your knee towards hip and again straighten your leg as shown in picture. Make 20 repeatation with each leg.
7. Arthritis Quadricep stretching exercise–
Hold your heel with your hand and count 1 to 5 and try to do as many as possible.
8. Arthritis calf exercise against wall–
Keep both of your hands on wall and position one leg forward and other leg backwards as shown in picture. Push the wall and count 1 to 5 and make 10 repeatations with one leg forward and one leg backwards. Change leg backward and forward.
9. Arthritis Knee Joint exercise with ball–
Take a ball keep it under the knee as shown in picture and try to press the ball by knee. Hold and count 1 to 5 and make 10 repeatations with both leg, You can also do this exercise sitting on chair also.
10. Arthritis knee and hip resistance exercise–
Keep your one hand on chair or table and make side upward movement of leg as shown in picture. Hold your leg and count 1 to 3 and make 10 repeatations with both legs.
11. Arthritis leg straightening and lifting exercise–
Lay down on floor and bend your knee towards hip as shown in picture and straight your knee. Hold your leg and count 1 to 3 and make 10 repeatations with each leg.
12. Arthritis leg side lying and lifting exercise–
Lay down on floor and turn side ways. Lift your leg as shown in picture and hold your leg while count 1 to 3 and make 10 repeatations with each leg.
These exercise are going to work for every osteo arthritis patient and try to increase repeatations with time. For any specific problem you can email me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be submitting Arthritis Back Exercise Program 2011, Arthritis Hand Exercise Program 2011
and Arthritis Neck Exercise Program 2011 in Jan 2011. So visit cure2arthritis.com regularly to know more.
You can also view older arthritis knee program for 2010 on following link
New exercises added on 1 march 2011
Types of Knee Exercises
There are mainly three types of knee exercises, they are Balancing exercises, Stretching exercises and Strengthening exercises. They help you in increasing flexibility, muscle strength, keeping weight under check, align joints of the body and strength to ligaments.
Knee Balancing Exercises for Osteo Arthritis knee joint pain– These exercises help in improving balance of joints and their position. These exercises are designed and tested scientifically to prevent any accident or injury, You can initially start with 5 minutes and make an efffort to increase them to 15 mins after 2 months of regular exercise.
1) Leg Balance for Osteo Arthritis– The key of this exercise is to stand on one leg and maintain balance of body for 45 seconds while holding one leg. Please start with right leg and continue with left leg, you have to increase your balance from 45 second to 60 seconds in one month.
2) Balance on leg with ball for Osteo Arthritis– You have to stand on one leg as shown in picture and take a ball beneath your knee and try to maintain body balance of the body. Do same with other leg also.
3) Side knee exercise with ball– Stand on one leg as shown in picture, move your hand to other side as shown in picture while maintaining balance of the body. Repeat this exercise with other leg also.
4) Single leg balance jump sideways– Stand on one leg and maintain body balance, now jump on the points that are shown in picture. Pause for 4 second after every jump and repeat this exercise with other leg also.
5) Bend exercise for Osteo Arthritis knee joint – Keep your hands on your hips and distant your legs as shown in picture below. Now bend your knees upto 90 degrees and hold for 4 seconds. Note- Do not bend you body forward or backward, you have to only make movement around knees. This is very effective exercise for osteo arthritis affected people.
Stretching exercises for Osteo Arthritis– Stretching exercises are very important to increase flexibility and range of motion for knee joints of arthritis patients. These exercises are designed and selected scientifically to increase movement and range of motion for both joints & muscles. Stretching exercises reduces chances of further knee joint damage and they warm up joints to relax and maintain continuous movement of joints during the day. Stretching exercises are very important to reduce the stiffness in the joints that are mostly felt during morning. We would recommend you to consult physiotherapist or doctor if you have been injured in recent days.
6. Hamstring Stretch Knee Exercise for Osteo Arthritis Knee Joint-
Take any chair or stool and keep your foot on it. Now you have to lean in forward direction by hip till you feel mild stretch or jerk in the back, Hold in the same position for 15 seconds and repeat with both legs for 4 times. Note- You have to keep your back and knee straight during the process.
7. Adductor Stretch for lower back and arthritis knee joint- Keep your back and keep your legs apart as shown in picture below. Now slowly & gently move lunge to one side until you feel mild stretch while keeping the other leg straight. Hold in the same position for 10 to 15 seconds and repeat it 4 times both sides.
8. Osteo Arthritis Knee bent stretch on floor- Sit on floor and keep your hands a little above ankle as shown in picture and join your ankles. Now try to push your knees with support of your hands towards floor exactly as shown in picture and hold for 5 seconds. Repeat same 5 times
9. Back Side stretch for Osteo arthritis knee and back- Stand straight and cross your legs as shown in picture. Keep your hands above hip and push your back with your hands on one side and hold in this position for 12 seconds and repeat this exercise with both sides 4 times. This exercise is good for people with initial symptoms of arthritis in back and knee.
10. Side arthritis knee exercise- Keep your one hand on chair or table and raise your one leg to one side as shown in picture. Hold here for 5 seconds and repeat this exercise with both legs 10 times.
11. Osteo Arthritis Knee and ankle exercise with towel- Stand straight and keep both of your hands on chair or table. Tie stretchable towel or band to leg and chair as shown in picture, now kick backwards and hold for 3 seconds. Repeat this exercise 10 times with both legs.
12. Osteo Arthritis Knee Strengthening exercise with weight- Sit on chair and tie some weight (upto 500 gms) on leg. Now straighten your leg as shown in picture and hold for 5 second or count 1 to 5. Repeat this exercise with alternate legs and make 10 repetitions.
13. Osteo Arthritis Knees stretches exercise with weight- Keep your one leg forward with weight in your hand and slowly bend your back knee towards floor. Again make your back knee straight and repeat this exercise with alternate legs and make 10 repetitions.
Note: Other Strengthening exercise are mentioned on top of this page.
These exercises are meant to cure your arthritis in a better and effective way. These osteo arthritis knee exercises are one of the most effective and natural treatment for osteo arthritis patients who suffer from pain in their knee joints. Regular exercise will keep you fit and avoid further damage around their knee joints.
Some important points to note before beginning your osteo arthritis knee exercise schedule-
1. You can use heat pads before starting your knee exercise schedule.
2. Begin with light weights such as 500 gms to 750 gms in initial knee exercise phase.
3. You should do particular exercise in which you feel pain initially.
4. Try to increase the exercise time.
5. You can use cold packs on joints after 15 minutes of exercise.
6. Choose from the above mentioned osteo arthritis knee joint exercise which you feel comfortable with.
For any particular and case specific questions, you can get it touch with us on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also check arthritis tools
Arthritis symptoms on following link
Osteo Arthritis symptoms on
Search Arthritis symptoms, treatment on internet at